Sign in to follow this  
jason ho

What is the easiest way for me to see there is a new update required for CIAPI.CS?

Currently I assume the current process is by using NuGet update-package CIAPI.CS to pull in any new update to the recent one we installed.

Is there an automated notification process when a new update is there or do we just try and pull this information in each day or when there is a bug fix/change? please advise.

Guest mrdavidlaing

You have several options:

1. Do a NuGet update-package CIAPI.CS – it there is a new package available it will auto-update. Only thing it doesn’t do is remove the previous version of the plugin from your packages/ folder (although it does remove previous plugin references in your current project). You need to repeat this process in every project that references the CIAPI libs.
  2. Subscribe to the build server’s RSS feed –http://ci.labs.cityindex.com:8080/job/CIAPI.CS/rssAll
  3. Watch the GitHub commit messages – you can get these as a RSS feed too. Be warned that most checkins go into the Dev branch; with occasional merges to the stable master branch. The NuGet packages are only built from the master branch.
  4. Watch for announcements on the buzz.labs.cityindex.com site – we’ll post a Changelog whenever there is a significant update.

Guest ryanholder

Currently I assume the current process is by using NuGet update-package CIAPI.CS to pull in any new update to the recent one we installed.

Is there an automated notification process when a new update is there or do we just try and pull this information in each day or when there is a bug fix/change? please advise.

I will chat to David about this in more detail, maybe a temp solution could be to add a post to the buzz site with any updates to CIAPI.CS. Another place to look is the commit messages on the repohttps://github.com/cityindex/CIAPI.CS/commits/master