Hello, how can I avoid getting this error? Is this just something I need to run a "retry" on if I see it?

Request:

{
   "Direction":"Sell",
   "BidPrice":1.19999,
   "OfferPrice":1.21199,
   "Reference":"GCAPI",
   "AutoRollover":false,
   "MarketId":401501530,
   "Currency":null,
   "Quantity":18325,
   "PositionMethodId":1,
   "TradingAccountId":"FX159010",
   "isTrade":true
}

Response: 

Status 2
StatusReason 75
OrderId 0
Orders [{"OrderId"=>0, "StatusReason"=>67, "Status"=>10, "OrderTypeId"=>1, "Price"=>0.0, "Quantity"=>18325.0, "TriggerPrice"=>0.0, "CommissionCharge"=>0.0, "IfDone"=>[], "GuaranteedPremium"=>0.0, "OCO"=>nil, "AssociatedOrders"=>{"Stop"=>nil, "Limit"=>nil}, "Associated"=>false}]
Actions []
ErrorMessage

Hi Mike,

OrderStatusReason code 67 means: Supplied price is in an indicative state.

This means the market you are attempting to trade has been placed into an "indicative" state at the time you were trying to trade. Markets that are "indicative" cannot be traded from our trading platforms or via API. This is why the trade request is being rejected with the 67 error code.

The only way to trade "indicative" markets is to call into the dealing desk and deal by phone directly with a dealer. 

Code descriptions can all be found at: https://docs.labs.gaincapital.com/#APICodesList.htm%3FTocPath%3DGetting%20Started|Lookup%20Values|_____1

Kind Regards, PM

Hi Mike,

You could try that. In most cases, markets are only set to indicative state for a short while. So you should be able to get back to trading via API in fairly short order. 

Kind Regards, PM