marc

Not getting any data with NewsHeadlines streaming

Hi, could someone please tell me whether the news streaming feed is active as I’m not getting any data update?

For information, I’m not using the CIAPI client, however I’ve compared the settings I’m currently using with the ones in the CIAPI project and they seen to be aligned:

endpoint: CITYINDEXSTREAMING
channel: NEWS
group: HEADLINES.UK

I don’t think this is down to my implementation of the Lightstreamer .Net client as other streams (ClientAccountMargin, DefaultPrices, Prices…) work fine.

Thanks

Guest andreif

the news adapter is still present but no data has been fed to it for about a year. that stream is a definite candidate for obsolescence.

i am leaving it in the build for now but am removing the always failing integration test.

when/if i get a confirmation that the NEWS adapter will not be fed I will remove it from the build.

for now, consider it obsolete and use the RPC News calls.

Guest sky.sanders

Hi, could someone please tell me whether the news streaming feed is active as I’m not getting any data update?

For information, I’m not using the CIAPI client, however I’ve compared the settings I’m currently using with the ones in the CIAPI project and they seen to be aligned:

endpoint: CITYINDEXSTREAMING

channel: NEWS

group: HEADLINES.UK

I don’t think this is down to my implementation of the Lightstreamer .Net client as other streams (ClientAccountMargin, DefaultPrices, Prices…) work fine.

Thanks

i experience this at times as well. we will look into it.

the news adapter is still present but no data has been fed to it for about a year. that stream is a definite candidate for obsolescence.

i am leaving it in the build for now but am removing the always failing integration test.

when/if i get a confirmation that the NEWS adapter will not be fed I will remove it from the build.

for now, consider it obsolete and use the RPC News calls.

I’ve just checked and fixing the NewsHeadlines stream is in the product backlog for the development team. Will get fixed fairly soon.

Any news about the streamer guys? It presents in CIAPI documentation still, but doesn’t work…

There is still an item in the backlog to fix this and it is of a relatively high priority. However, there are other work items with higher priority so this hasn’t been scheduled yet.

Hi,

Just wondering if this is working? I can successfully subscribe to the news feed but don't get anything back. Judging by the posts above this was waiting to be addressed although that was over 3 years ago so wondering if there was an update.

Hello, 

News headlines currently still require a manual refresh to pull in the latest headlines. There are no streaming news headlines yet.  :(

Shame it couldn't be better news.

Cordially,

PM!

How about now? Streaming News available already?

My current temporary solution is a per 5 minutes headlines request, where can I find the news Market Ids, filters, categories, etc.

Hi,

Streaming news has been de-prioritised and isn't on our radar at this time. Creating an automated scheduled refresh to pull in the latest news headlines is one way you can work around this for the moment.

Kind Regards, PM

and what's about my second question, where can I find the news Market Ids, filters, categories, etc.
because I tried to send a request with an empty Json object like this: "{}" but it was returning "Bad Request", and when I added my EUR/USD Market Id (like this: "{\"MarketId\":401484347}") it returned only news starting with "NY Fed-FX swaps with foreign central banks....", I wanna get Politics and other Worldwide news.

Kind regards, Thanks!

Hello,

Searching with MarketID is how to find Reuters news stories related to a particular market. The news stories returned with "NY Fed-Fx swaps..." are some of the stories that Reuters has tagged as relevant to the EUR/USD currency pair. The news component on the Web trading platform shows the same stories returned for that currency pair - see screenshot at the bottom. Note that FX swaps are not the only stories returned as there are stories regarding the Eurozone from Fitch. 

The Find a Market ID page of the API documentation describes the process to find Market IDs for any of the markets available to you. 

Kind Regards, PM 

image.png

Hello,

The News part of the API documentation will be updated in the next day or two as their are new/replacement API calls relating to Reuters News. I'll update this thread once the revised documentation is released.

Kind Regards, PM

6 hours ago, Physicsman said:

Hello,

Searching with MarketID is how to find Reuters news stories related to a particular market. The news stories returned with "NY Fed-Fx swaps..." are some of the stories that Reuters has tagged as relevant to the EUR/USD currency pair. The news component on the Web trading platform shows the same stories returned for that currency pair - see screenshot at the bottom. Note that FX swaps are not the only stories returned as there are stories regarding the Eurozone from Fitch. 

The Find a Market ID page of the API documentation describes the process to find Market IDs for any of the markets available to you. 

Kind Regards, PM 

image.png

The Find a Market ID link that you just provided me as it's describing the process to find Market IDs, unfortunately, it does not describe anything, it's just letting me know that I can do it but with no helpful content showing me how, For Example, I tried using the MarketName of the Document you provided and I got back nothing, so I need to know at least 1 MarketName in order to search for its Id, so where can I find a list of MarketNames to choose from.

And BTW I also knew about that page and I didn't find anyhing there, and that's why I ask here.

this is my request:
https://ciapi.cityindex.com/TradingAPI/market/search?SearchByMarketName=TRUE&Query=Gold&MaxResults=10&Session=XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX&Username=XXXXXXXX
this is the response:

{"Markets":[]}

So please take just 'one' extra minute and show me a full working example to get 'Worldwide Politics, and News related to US & EU business/markets'.
Thanks!!

Hello,

1) The link provided was in response to your earlier question "...where can I find the news Market Ids, filters, categories, etc." It describes the process to obtain a Market ID and nothing more, which is exactly the title of that page.

Note: that page was refreshed yesterday morning to use an FX pair (GBP/USD) in the example. Clear your browser cache and reloading the page will display the refreshed page.  

2) Regarding market names. It appears that you have a Forex.com account. The market names are the currency pairs available to you for trading that you can see on the trading platforms. The Markets page on the Forex.com US website displays a list of the markets, and the name is just the currency pair. For example: "EUR/USD", "GBP/USD", "USD/JPY" etc.

Note: in the query string when looking up MarketIDs, use the URL encoding for the forward slash "/" in the maket name. It is %2F. 

The Gold market available on Forex.com US accounts is spot gold - XAU/USD. If you are looking up the Market ID for this market, then the example query is shown in the following screenshot. You can replace "XAU%2FUSD" with "GBP%2FUSD" to find the Market ID for GBP/USD as an example.

image.png

3) Using the API, the closest news filter that can be applied for "Worldwide Politics, and News related to US & EU business/markets" is to pull news stories for all FX markets in general. This will be worldwide, rather than just US/EU but is the closest that you can get to your desired search criteria via the API.

You've already seen the post above that updated News API calls will be appearing shortly in the API documentation. The following is one of these new calls and hence currently undocumented. Check back in a few days when the documentation will be refreshed to show the new calls. 

image.png

Hi,

The API documentation has been refreshed to show the new API service calls for News. Please clear your browser cache before reloading the documentation site and they should then be visible.

Kind Regards, PM