Sign in to follow this  
Guest andreif

How to detect appropriate trading account for the market?

Guest andreif

I have a MarketId and need to place a trade. The Trade() method requires trading account id (there are 2 ones, for CFD and spread betting markets). How i can detect which trading account I need to use?

Could somebody answer the initial question?

For example watch-list may contain markets of different types (CFD, Spread, Binary). If User wants to trade on chosen market then application has to know type of this market (Product type) to choose correct trading account to perform right CIAPI calls.

It seems that additional field ProductType has to be added to MarketInformationDTO and this field will be used for selecting correct trading account. I don’t see another solution now…

This CIAPI improvements is critical because it blocks other functionality.

You should make a call to the ClientAndTradingAccount information service (/UserAccount/ClientAndTradingAccount). This will give you the list of trading accounts available to you, as well as their type (‘cfd’ or ‘spread bettting’).

Guest andreif

You should make a call to the ClientAndTradingAccount information service (/UserAccount/ClientAndTradingAccount). This will give you the list of trading accounts available to you, as well as their type (‘cfd’ or ‘spread bettting’).

Yes. However, how I can detect which of these accounts is appropriate for the given market id? Do I need to call GetMarketInformation to figure out?