Sign in to follow this  
smironov

How do I close a trade?

Trades are executed in a FIFO manner. You send a new trade request (populating the Close field, which is an array of order id’s to close). You also need to switch the direction and specify the quantity to close.

Trades are executed in a FIFO manner. You send a new trade request (populating the Close field, which is an array of order id’s to close). You also need to switch the direction and specify the quantity to close.

Just to clarify Say I have 3 trades in a certain market – they have been opened in the order (oldest to newest) pos1, pos2, pos3

Can I specifically close pos2?

@yarane Yes you can, just put the order id of pos2 into the close field. Just make sure to wrap it with square brackets as the field is an int array.

I get

‘{“OrderId”:0,“Orders”:[],“Quote”:{“QuoteId”:401327156,“Status”:1,“StatusReason”:7},“Status”:3,“StatusReason”:96}’

response but the trade I tried to close still alive.

@smironov Your close request has generated a quote. If you subscribe to the quote stream then you’ll get a streamed notification when the quote changes state, which you can present to the client.

The quote is sent to the dealers for approval. Since you are connecting to a preprod environment, there are no dealers watching the approval console so the quote will stay there and the trade won’t get closed.

Looking at your response (StatusReason 96, quote has been generated), your close request has been processed correctly. At this point there’s not much more you can do in the preprod environment other than presenting the quote status.

How do I close a trade with stop and limit attached? Same approach as if I close a single trade (specifying it’s id in “close” field) doesn’t work. Do I have to delete orders before close trade or there is a way to do all it in one request?

@smironov Just pass the trade id in the close field, with the full quantity. The attached orders (stop and/or limit), will then be removed.

@wilsoncg Unfortunatelly it doesn’t want to close. I get StatusReason=75 which says something about quantity but I didn’t say anything about quantity, I simply passed trade’s id to new trade request. That works well for trades without ifDone orders.