Sign in to follow this  
zeeshandad

Compatibility to Windows Phone 7

CIAPI.CS API does not seem compatible to WinPhone7 applications as I am getting following warnings when trying to reference CIAPI dlls.

The primary reference “Common.Logging.Silverlight” could not be resolved because it has an indirect dependency on the framework assembly “ System.Windows.Browser, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e” which could not be resolved in the currently targeted framework. “Silverlight,Version=v4.0,Profile=WindowsPhone”. To resolve this problem, either remove the reference “Common.Logging.Silverlight” or retarget your application to a framework version which contains “System.Windows.Browser, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e”.

The primary reference “CIAPI.Silverlight” could not be resolved because it has an indirect dependency on the framework assembly “System.Windows.Browser, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e” which could not be resolved in the currently targeted framework. “Silverlight,Version=v4.0,Profile=WindowsPhone”. To resolve this problem, either remove the reference “CIAPI.Silverlight” or retarget your application to a framework version which contains “System.Windows.Browser, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e”.

The primary reference “StreamingClient.Silverlight.Lightstreamer” could not be resolved because it has an indirect dependency on the framework assembly “System.Windows.Browser, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e” which could not be resolved in the currently targeted framework. “Silverlight,Version=v4.0,Profile=WindowsPhone”. To resolve this problem, either remove the reference “StreamingClient.Silverlight.Lightstreamer” or retarget your application to a framework version which contains “System.Windows.Browser, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e”.

The primary reference “CityIndex.JsonClient.Silverlight” could not be resolved because it has an indirect dependency on the framework assembly “System.Windows.Browser, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e” which could not be resolved in the currently targeted framework. “Silverlight,Version=v4.0,Profile=WindowsPhone”. To resolve this problem, either remove the reference “CityIndex.JsonClient.Silverlight” or retarget your application to a framework version which contains “System.Windows.Browser, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e”.

Guest sky.sanders

Can you confirm that you are using the CIAPI.Phone7 assembly and referencing JsonClient.Phone7, Common.Logging.Phone7 and the Silverlight version of NewtonSoft.Json?

I am including a Phone7 test application in the solution. This should be checked in by 02/23/11.

Can you confirm that you are using the CIAPI.Phone7 assembly and referencing JsonClient.Phone7, Common.Logging.Phone7 and the Silverlight version of NewtonSoft.Json?

I am including a Phone7 test application in the solution. This should be checked in by 02/23/11.

No, When I tried to add reference to CIAPI.CS from CityIndex NuGet repository, reference to CIAPI.Silverlight, CityIndex.JsonClient.Silverlight, Common.Logging.Silverlight, Newtonsoft.Json.Silverlight, StreamingClient.Silverlight, StreamingClient.Silverlight.Lightstreamer was added. Reference to CityIndex NuGet repository also added a folder which contained DLLs for Net 4.0 and Silverlight 4.0 but there were no DLLs present there for WinPhone7. I will check sample you included and let you know. Thanks.

Guest sky.sanders

@zeeshandad – ok, that is the problem. I will get with David and get those binaries in the package.

Guest mrdavidlaing

Related issue is: https://github.com/cityindex/CIAPI.CS/issues/11

@mrdavidlaing Thanks, I got the WinPhone7 libraries from the solution and its working fine now thanks.