Sign in to follow this  
Guest andreif

API documentation search wanted

Guest mrdavidlaing

Can you give me an idea of the kind of searches you’d like to do?

Guest andreif

Just a usual search by keywords. One of choices I see is to use site-embedded google search. It would be very useful for those who study these docs.

Guest mrdavidlaing

Unfortunately the documentation is autogenerated by Javascript from the underlying SMD and JSchema; so it isn’t indexable by Google.

We could possibly do a client side keyword search for method names / DTO names; but its going to be tricky to do any kind of full text search.

Guest sky.sanders

Just a usual search by keywords. One of choices I see is to use site-embedded google search. It would be very useful for those who study these docs.

It is a cleaner method to add (edit) to your question rather than add an answer. Making a note that it is an update clarifying your question while leaving the original question intact will also prevent a moving target that can make answers appear irrelevant.

Guest sky.sanders

Unfortunately the documentation is autogenerated by Javascript from the underlying SMD and JSchema; so it isn’t indexable by Google.

We could possibly do a client side keyword search for method names / DTO names; but its going to be tricky to do any kind of full text search.

see my comment to andreif regarding updating your post. ;–)

Guest sky.sanders

An indexing strategy has been discussed internally. The dynamic nature of the docs makes this non-trivial but it seems doable. I can definitely see value so will tag as under-consideration