Sign in to follow this  
Guest mrdavidlaing

CIAPI.Java or CIAPI.J?

Guest mrdavidlaing

Which has more of a “Java” flavour – CIAPI.Java or CIAPI.J ?

Guest mrdavidlaing

If you are asking about what the API should be called, I’d prefer CIAPI.Java. CIAPI.J is ambiguous between Java or Javascript.

(Or maybe CIAPI4j)

Isn’t javascript normally abbreviated as js – eg: junit vs jsunit?

Visually CIAPI4 doesn’t work for me; starts to looks too much like a random string of alphanumerics…

If you are asking about what the API should be called, I’d prefer CIAPI.Java. CIAPI.J is ambiguous between Java or Javascript.

(Or maybe CIAPI4j)

@mrdavidlaing Yes, Javascript is usually ‘js’. But I think that since java files end with .java we should name the api CIAPI.Java. I don’t remember ever seeing an api end with ‘.J’ before. If you have a preference though, we can go with that.

(Or maybe CIAPI4j)

I think it’s clearly CIAPI.Java – CIAPI.J or CIAPI4J are rather ambiguous. If you’re a programmer looking for the right wrapper for your new app, and the list was…

CIAPI.JS CIAPI.AS CIAPI.CS CIAPI.ObjC CIAPI.J

then I’m not sure it’s obvious which one is the Java wrapper (if one exists at all). We seem to have converged on the extension for the source files, except in the ObjC case, which uses “.m” and would be confusing to any non-Objective C programmers and several actual Objective C users.

Guest sky.sanders

(Or maybe CIAPI4j)

second (or fifth) on the CIAPI.Java