Sign in to follow this  
aperson

In the docs under trade and orders, what is "Note: NFA regulated client accounts cannot place attached If/Done stop or limit orders to an entry order."?

Hi,

The NFA set regulations for our US clients. Should you be a US client then your account falls under NFA jurisdiction. If you are a non-US client then NFA specific regulations will not apply to your account.

Kind Regards, PM  

Ok thanks. I dont see any of those if/done urls in the orders docs so wondering where this applies. Does the API automatically give an error msg when a US client makes a call that is one of these not allowed calls or is the client responsible for not calling those endpoints? Does this also mean that US clients cannot use the API to put any stop loss or limits on any open trades?

Edit* I called customer service just now and explained my question there and the rep said that she asked the trade desk and that US clients can trade if/done stop and limit orders. Is the documentation out of date?

Hi,

Yes, you will receive a red card error message when attempting to do something that is not allowed. US clients can add stop loss or take profit limit orders to open positions. This is allowed. 

The API documentation does require a refresh to remove some obsolete information.

Kind Regards, PM