Sign in to follow this  
Vikas Gaud

License not valid for this Client version

Hi Team,

I am able to get the session token. Post receiving token if  I  am trying to validate the same gets a response as  { "IsAuthenticated": true}. 
Upon passing the same token to LightStreamer Server gets a response as  "Server error: 60: License not valid for this Client version". Below is the code snippet.

Programming Language Used  - Java 1.8
LightStreamerClient Version 4.3.3

Code : 
  {
    LightstreamerClient client = new LightstreamerClient("https://push.cityindex.com", "STREAMINGALL");
    client.connectionDetails.setUser("XXXXXXXXX");
    client.connectionDetails.setPassword("XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX");
    client.connect();

ClientListener clientListener = new SystemOutClientListener();
    client.addListener(clientListener);

Subscription sub = new Subscription("MERGE");
    sub.setFields(new String[]{"MarketId", "TickDate", "Bid", "Price", "High","Low"});
    sub.setItems(new String[]{"PRICE.401484347"});
    sub.setDataAdapter("PRICES");
    sub.setRequestedSnapshot("yes");

SubscriptionListener subListener = new SystemOutSubscriptionListener();
    sub.addListener(subListener);

client.subscribe(sub);
  }

Kindly assist to get this fixed.

Hi Vikas,

Your post appears incomplete. I am guessing that you are receiving a "License not valid for this client version" error message when connecting to Lightstreamer. Is that correct?

This usually means that the Lightstreamer client you are using is newer than the version of Lightstreamer installed on our server. We're still using v7.0.3 so you need to download the correct LS client for this version of Lightstreamer. You can see the list of LS clients compatible with v7.0.3 at: https://lightstreamer.com/download/#ls70.

Kind Regards, PM

Hi Team,

I am not getting a connection, sometimes when I restart the connection gets established at once sometimes it take more then minutes. Any guess what would be the cause. Kindly assist

Connection status changed to CONNECTING
Client property changed: sessionId
Client property changed: serverSocketName
Client property changed: clientIp
Client property changed: serverInstanceAddress
Client property changed: realMaxBandwidth
Connection status changed to DISCONNECTED:WILL-RETRY

Hi team,

Yes I am using production link i.e https://push.cityindex.com.

When I start the application it takes time more then 2-3 minute to establish connection. In start it tries several time continoulsy and then after few minutes start receving data. Here is my code snippet.

{
    LightstreamerClient client = new LightstreamerClient("https://push.cityindex.com", "STREAMINGALL");
    client.connectionDetails.setUser("XXXXXXXXX");
    client.connectionDetails.setPassword("XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX");
    client.connect();

ClientListener clientListener = new SystemOutClientListener();
    client.addListener(clientListener);

Subscription sub = new Subscription("MERGE");
    sub.setFields(new String[]{"MarketId", "Bid", "Offer", "Price", "AuditId", "StatusSummary"});
    sub.setItems(new String[]{"PRICE.401484347"});
    sub.setDataAdapter("PRICES");
    sub.setRequestedSnapshot("yes");

SubscriptionListener subListener = new SystemOutSubscriptionListener();
    sub.addListener(subListener);

client.subscribe(sub);
  }

Hello Vikas,

Taking 2-3 minutes to connect is definitely abnormal! I've checked and the Lightstreamer servers are up and functioning normally.  

Possibly your firewall is causing a connection issue or one of the stops in the route connecting to the streaming server might be. Might be worth looking into a tracert (trace route), and also into your firewall.

Kind Regards, PM 

Dear Admin,

I have switched from local system to AWS Cloud now. Even had done traceroute push.cityindex.com on the server. Kindly check the image getting a connection as well, but when start's the Lightstream client application it shows connecting and disconnected, and after several retries, for almost 5 minutes it gets connected.

Kindly assist with the query.

aws_ec2_traceroute.PNG

Error.PNG

Hi Vikas,

To help with our investigation, we have a couple fo queries:

1) Did you log the Lightstreamer server instance you connected to?

2) What is the timestamp for your connection attempts? If you don't have the timestamps, please post a fresh connection request and the approx time it was made and we can check in the logs to find it.

Many thanks, PM

Hi,

A quick update that we're investigating this issue but it is in a backlog behind some other work. I'll post a reply once I have something to report.

Kind Regards, PM

Hi Vikas,

Our team looked into the issue you reported.

We suspect a mismatch between our server version 7.03 and your Lightstreamer Java SDK. Please check that you have downloaded the appropriate Java client version that matches our server version from the URL: https://lightstreamer.com/download/#ls70.

If you are already on a compatible version, which exact version are you using? Additionally, do you have any additional error logging we can examine?

Many thanks, PM

Hi Team,

I am using lightstreamer client version as shown below maven dependency.

<dependency>
            <groupId>com.lightstreamer</groupId>
            <artifactId>ls-javase-client</artifactId>
            <version>4.0.0</version>
 </dependency>

But when I am updating this maven depedency  to 

<dependency>
            <groupId>com.lightstreamer</groupId>
            <artifactId>ls-javase-client</artifactId>
            <version>4.3.0</version>
 </dependency>

Then it starts giving error as Server error: 60: License not valid for this Client version.

Additional Login As In which module shall I add logger as its already printing the data which it receive.

Hi Team,

Yes I am following the correct SDK version which you shared also m using this link to from that SDKn to get lightstreamerclient jar 

https://www.lightstreamer.com/repo/distros/Lightstreamer_7_0_3_20190315.zip%23/Lightstreamer/DOCS-SDKs/sdk_client_java_se/lib/README.TXT

I am getting error as  Server error: 60: License not valid for this Client version. with this version so I switched to 4.0.0 . 

If am getting error with mentioned library then which one do I use since mine application in java and using maven as build. It woud be great if you could help me with the exact maven dependency to use.

Hi Vikas,

The readme you posted is for v7.0.3, which is newer than our server version so the error about License makes sense as the client library is probably too new. 

https://www.lightstreamer.com/repo/distros/Lightstreamer_7_0_1_20180614.zip%23/Lightstreamer/CHANGELOG.HTML#javase_uni_client

From the distro notes of our version, Java SDK, 4.2.6 build 1318 is the newest compatible version at the point of 7.0.1 release. So v 4.0.0 is the latest compatible version to use.

However, the original errors you reported were when using v4.0.0 is that correct?

We suggest trying a version in-between 4.0.0 and 4.3, perhaps the next version or so up from v4.0.0 so we can eliminate compatibility issues this way. 

Hi Team,

Thank you for the help now I am getting quotes more frequently by using jar with version 4.2.6 will monitor it by having several restarts of the server. Then we would be able to conclude that this issue is resolved finally.