Gonna piggy back off of this thread since its the same topic.

For session tokens that are being used to pull data from the REST API only and nothing else, is there a length of time that these stay "active"? I'm going to assume somewhere around 15-20 days before having to generate a new one. I've been using the same sessionID for an indicator that I built and then noticed that it stopped working last week 9/28 when my program stopped writing my data to the database. Took me a few moments to realize it was the session token since there were no code changes last week. I generated a new sessionID, swapped them out in my code, and it started working as before.

Thoughts?

-Tom G-

Hi Tom,

As mentioned previously, a Session is theoretically valid until a logout DeleteSession call is made. 

There is a database process that clears the oldest sessions that have been inactive for greater than a certain period of time, once we reach a threshold in the number of active sessions. Cannot predict or say when this will trigger since it is dependent upon those variables. 

I would suggest adding a login/logout to your processes so that you have a fresh session each time.

Kind Regards, PM