Sign in to follow this  
dee

API usage with demo account

Hi, I have registered for CityIndex demo account, and I can log into the WebTrader application in my browser, and place demo trades.

With this demo account username & password, will I now be able to use it with the GCAPI?  I would like to try making software application to get market prices and place orders automatically.   But I want to practice in demo setting first.

Thank you.

Hello Dee,

Yes, you can use the demo account with the API for testing and development purposes.

In fact, we would encourage all API users to perform their API testing/development with a demo account before using their Live real money account!

Kind Regards, PM

Thanks.  Related question.  If I use the GCAPI to send orders on demo account, will I see these orders show-up in the Web Trader browser applciation?   That way,  I can confirm if my code works.

Hello,

Yes, they will show up in Web Trader. All our platforms will show the orders/trades since you are logging into the demo account with the trading platform of your choice. 

Kind Regards, PM

Thanks for help.

Another question.   It seems I need an AppKey,  to access GCAPI as explained here:  "The AppKey required to use the GCAPI is sent to you once you have returned the signed terms and conditions of the GCAPI to our Partnerships team"

Do I need to do this for the Demo Trading system? Where can I find the terms and conditions of the GCAPI? What's contact details for the Partnerships team?

I tried to login, this is the response I received:

{
    "AdditionalInfo": null,
    "StatusCode": 2,
    "HttpStatus": 401,
    "ErrorMessage": "Sorry, your login has failed|This is because your login credentials do not match our records.",
    "ErrorCode": 4010
}

Hi Dee,

If you contact Client Services, and explain that you are an API user requiring an AppKey / API Key, they can liaise internally to obtain the AppKey for you.

All API users require an AppKey, even if you are using a demo account. I believe demo account users no longer require signing the terms & conditions sheet, please check with Client Services to confirm. 

Kind Regards, PM