Sign in to follow this  
aperson

What does Client Side Caching really mean?

I'm on a demo api account and was wondering if "The front-end UI application should have NO caching on the client side. "(from the docs) meant no sessionStorage or localStorage can store data from the API into my own browser.  I'm a bit confused. Would storing my data locally like this affect the API service or the platform at all? Is this for some kind of efficiency or a privacy concern that is part of the API/Platform policy? I want to make sure that I don't accidentally do some task that violates terms of use or something. 

Hello,

No, it won't be a violation of terms - please set your mind at ease on that point. :)

Since you could be dealing with fast moving data, you would want to retrieve the latest information from the serve, rather than using cached data. It's nothing more than that.

Kind Regards, PM 

Thanks so much for the response lol I was wondering why local cache would be mentioned.

I'm just new to working with trading APIs so just wanted to make sure. Are there any other requirements/standards that I should be aware of at all?

Thanks

Hello,

Nothing specific comes to mind. There are many different elements of working with the API that people have queries about. 

If you encounter them, please ask and we'll try to help.

Kind Regards, PM