AdamR

Maintaining connection of multiple accounts from a single IP

Hello,

I have multiple accounts/AppKeys that I need to maintain connections for which all come from a single IP/server.

This seems to work without issue for the demo accounts, but is not working for the live accounts.

Is there some security protocol in place for the live trading environment  that's disconnecting one live account when another connects from the same IP?  Can this be changed or an exception made so that my single IP with multiple AppKeys can maintain connection to the live trading environment for all of my accounts?  Or is there some other way I should be handling this issue?

For clarity, we're only streaming price data from one account, but we need to stream account data from all accounts at the same time.

Thanks in advance for you help!

Hello Adam,

What is the error / what happens when you try to have connections open for each of your Live accounts? 

There should be no limiter or anything preventing you from having multiple simultaneous logins with different accounts coming from the same PC / IP address.

To test this, please login to our Web based trading platform with each of your live accounts on separate browser tabs on the same PC / IP . You should end up with live connections for each account to our backend. All of our trading platforms use the API so this simulates the case of you logging in to our backend via the API for each of your accounts.

If you are a FOREX.com user, you can login to the Web trading platform from the forex.com website then clicking the Login button located at the top right.

Kind Regards, PM

Hi PM,

Here's the error:

StatusReason=160, StatusReasonText=The system is unable to calculate FX commissions due to missing or incorrect settings.  Please contact Client Services.

Hello,

Does that error appear when you try to connect or when you try to send a trade request? 

Presumably all of your accounts can connect and receive live price streams - the error only occurs when you attempt to place the trade? To help with troubleshooting, please send us the URL, the JSON part of your request call and the full response you receive back. See example below. Many thanks.

image.png

Hi PM,

The problem has been solved.  We had forex.com demo accounts and NinjaTrader/Forex.com live accounts.  So, we had an issue with the MarketIDs.  Thanks to Pavel for locating this issue earlier and your responses which helped us confirm all of the things that were not the issue.

Thanks again!