Sign in to follow this  
JoelD311

StatusReason 30 - Cannot place short order

I am attempting to place a trade with an API enabled practice account. I am getting StatusReason 30. It doesn't make sense because I can log into the same account via web browser and place a short trade there, but not via the API.

Request:

{"MarketId":401166447,"Currency":null,"AutoRollover":null,"Direction":"buy","Quantity":0.0,"QuoteId":null,"PositionMethodId":null,"BidPrice":1.10894,"OfferPrice":1.10906,"AuditId":null,"TradingAccountId":"[RedactedForForumTopic]","IfDone":{"Stop":{"ExpiryDateTimeUTC":null,"Applicability":null,"ParentOrderId":null,"Associated":null,"Guaranteed":false,"OrderId":null,"TriggerPrice":1.10944,"Quantity":0.0,"TrailingDistance":null},"Limit":null},"Close":null,"isTrade":true,"PriceTolerance":1}

Response:

{"Status":4,"StatusReason":30,"OrderId":0,"ErrorMessage":null}

Per reference, StatusReason 30 is "Cannot open a new short position as the market is currently set to Long Only."

Will you please explain why this is happening?

40 minutes ago, JoelD311 said:

I am attempting to place a trade with an API enabled practice account. I am getting StatusReason 30. It doesn't make sense because I can log into the same account via web browser and place a short trade there, but not via the API.

Request:

{"MarketId":401166447,"Currency":null,"AutoRollover":null,"Direction":"buy","Quantity":0.0,"QuoteId":null,"PositionMethodId":null,"BidPrice":1.10894,"OfferPrice":1.10906,"AuditId":null,"TradingAccountId":"[RedactedForForumTopic]","IfDone":{"Stop":{"ExpiryDateTimeUTC":null,"Applicability":null,"ParentOrderId":null,"Associated":null,"Guaranteed":false,"OrderId":null,"TriggerPrice":1.10944,"Quantity":0.0,"TrailingDistance":null},"Limit":null},"Close":null,"isTrade":true,"PriceTolerance":1}

Response:

{"Status":4,"StatusReason":30,"OrderId":0,"ErrorMessage":null}

Per reference, StatusReason 30 is "Cannot open a new short position as the market is currently set to Long Only."

Will you please explain why this is happening?

I have resolved this. I realized that my Quantity was set to 0.