Sign in to follow this  
Amruta

Session expiration

Hello, After logon API call, I am getting a Session ID which I am using for all subsequent API calls. I would like to know for long is this session valid? I tried using ValidateSession API. It is giving False response even for working Session Id. Document says : this API call response is for the use of the CI Connect social trading platform.

Hi,

ValidateSession is used for our now defunct CI Connect. When we next perform an update to the API documentation, we'll remove any deprecated calls.

In answer to your question, the Session ID will be valid until you perform a "log off" DeleteSession call. If you close the connection without logging off, then the ID will generally be valid until end of day. 

Kind Regards, PM

Hi,

What is defunct CI Connect? I have a demo account and trying to build a program where I need to check if  session is still valid else create a new session and make API calls. How do I do it.

Thanks,

Regards,

Shilpa

Hello,

CI Connect was our social / follow trading offering that was in beta. 

If you login and maintain a connection to the system, then the Session ID will remain valid for the entire duration that your system is logged in. Once you log off or otherwise close the connection, you will need to login again to get a new valid Session ID.

Kind Regards, PM