"Currency":null,
        "Quantity":1,
        "QuoteId":null,
        "TradingAccountId":xxxxxxxxxxx,
        "MarketName":"GBP/USD",
        "PositionMethodId":1,
        "Status":null,
        "IfDone":[]}

r = requests.post('https://ciapi.cityindex.com/TradingAPI/order/newtradeorder?'+SESSION_BUNDLE, json = bodyPlace)

And getting the following response:

<Response [200]>
{'Status': 2, 'StatusReason': 75, 'OrderId': 0, 'Orders': [{'OrderId': 0, 'StatusReason': 81, 'Status': 10, 'OrderTypeId': 1, 'Price': 0.0, 'Quantity': 1.0, 'TriggerPrice': 0.0, 'CommissionCharge': 0.0, 'IfDone': [], 'GuaranteedPremium': 0.0, 'OCO': None, 'AssociatedOrders': {'Stop': None, 'Limit': None}, 'Associated': False}], 'Quote': None, 'Actions': [], 'ErrorMessage': None}

Could you help me understand where I am going wrong?

Hello Amruta,

The market you are attempting to trade is a spot FX market, which trades in units of actual currency in thousands with a minimum size of 1000. Your order request has specified a quantity = 1, which is below the minimum possible trade quantity of 1000. 

In the response you received, you can see the OrderStatusReason of 81 = Position below Web Min Size.

You can find the lookup table for the response codes in the API documentation: API Code Lookup Values.

Kind Regards, PM

Thank you! It works now. Another question I have is Can I get current market prices and Open price/closed price/low/high volume for each market for every 1 minute interval using only GCAPI calls and not using Lightstreamer?

Hi,

To receive live current market prices that update as the market price moves can only be received via Lightstreamer. The Price History calls via GCAPI returns only static market prices, which do not update as the market prices change. 

Kind Regards, PM

I'm trying to place a new buy and sell order using above api call. My question is: Where do I obtain the value of the field "AuditId"? The value used above is "8049808-0-0-0-R", which I got from one example given in the docs. 

Also are both 'MarketId' and 'MarketName' fields both mandatory or I can use just one of them.

Hi,

The AuditID is a unique identifier accompanying each price tick. You can read the value from the prices stream and would use the very latest one matching the most recent price tick you have received. 

MarkedID is mandatory but you can leave out MarketName if you prefer, although it is better to use it so you don't make a mistake. 

Kind Regards, PM