TMP

Where to start

Hello All,

I would like to create an automated Trading System, using Perl, but I don’t know where to start. I have a Demo and Live account with FOREX.com, but I need a clue such as a sample code in Perl on how to connect using the API, and then I hope I can develop my application and backtest from there. Any help it really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I’m afraid I need more hints, the documentation it’s helpful, but I need to know the foundations. In other words, how the structure of an Automated Trading System is made up? Thanks

Hello,

The API documentation is specifically written to assist in using the API, as opposed to being documentation on creating and testing automated trading systems in general.

The actual mechanics of developing and properly testing trading strategies are too complex and in depth to be covered by a simple forum post. I would suggest consulting one of the following books as a starting point, and then work your way from there.

• The Evaluation and Optimization of Trading Strategies 2nd Ed. - Robert Pardo
  • Trading Systems That Work - Thomas Stridsman
  • Trading Systems and Money Management - Thomas Stridsman
  • Trading Systems and Methods 5th Ed. - Perry Kaufman

Kind Regards, PM