Kush

Market search displayed two different markets Ids for the same market name

Hi PM,

Can you please tell me the difference between the following two Market Id's which are for Germany 30 DFT:

400616115 and 401264567

I was able to get these from ListMarketSearchPaginated.

I used Market Information to find out the difference but couldn't see any.

Kind regards,

Kush

Hi Kush,

Are you using a test account rather than a Live one? On test accounts, you can see/trade the different variants of a market that we have for different brands / regions etc.

On a Live account, you should only ever see the version of a market for that brand and region that you are in.

Kind Regards, PM

Hi PM,

Thank you for your quick reply. We are using a test infinite account to look up the markets.

As all Pelican users can be from anywhere in the world we would need to know the brand/region for each market. Is there a property in the api response dto that can provide this information?

Is there a look up we can query to fetch all possible brand/ region?

As Pelican has a concept of copying someone else's trade can you tell me if the following scenario would result in a Red Card or any other error code:

"if a user from Region A places trade by copying someone in region B and using region B's MarketId", would the trade request fail?

One of our users has reported, they received an error "Market specification blocked for account operator." when placing a trade, and I believe that could be because of the scenario above

Thank you so much for all you help :)

Kind regards,

Kush

Hi Kush,

I'm going to double check with the API team and will confirm in another reply, but I don't believe there is a property in the response DTO that can be used to determine which brand/region a market falls under. 

Yes, you are correct in your guess. User in Region A copying a user in Region B with the same MarketId could fail with the red card error, if Region A user does not have access to the same market that user in Region B does.

The error message the user reported is exactly the error message received when a user tries to trade/access a market with marketID which they do not have access rights. 

I'll also speak with the API team about what changes would be required to solve this issue, but you should definitely speak with your account manager / usual contact at Gain to help get things moving. 

I'll reply as soon as I have more.

Kind Regards, PM