I was used to your previous version of service where I was able to get all the rates whether in a DataSet or in an open Socket, now it looks like I'm required to use a lightstreamer client, I tried using the nuget package which hasn't worked and I got an exception see first image  er02.

And when I used the package downloaded from the link in GainCapital docs, it was giving me another exception:

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Net, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Net, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error: 

Line 18:             };
Line 19:             
Line 20:             lightStreamClient.OpenConnection(connectionInfo, new MyConnectionListener());
Line 21: 
Line 22:             var tableInfo = new ExtendedTableInfo(new[] { "AC2347" },

Source File: C:\Users\MayerSpitz\source\repos\GetPost\GetPost\Helpers\Prices.cs    Line: 20 

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'System.Net, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e' could not be loaded.

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: DisplayName = System.Net, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e
 (Fully-specified)
LOG: Appbase = file:///c:/users/mayerspitz/source/repos/GetPost/GetPost/
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = c:\users\mayerspitz\source\repos\GetPost\GetPost\bin
Calling assembly : SilverlightClient, Version=1.4.6549.19417, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.
===
LOG: This bind starts in default load context.
LOG: Using application configuration file: c:\users\mayerspitz\source\repos\GetPost\GetPost\web.config
LOG: Using host configuration file: D:\Documents\IISExpress\config\aspnet.config
LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\config\machine.config.
LOG: Post-policy reference: System.Net, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Users/MayerSpitz/AppData/Local/Temp/Temporary ASP.NET Files/vs/66be79ee/ac64be7f/System.Net.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Users/MayerSpitz/AppData/Local/Temp/Temporary ASP.NET Files/vs/66be79ee/ac64be7f/System.Net/System.Net.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///c:/users/mayerspitz/source/repos/GetPost/GetPost/bin/System.Net.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///c:/users/mayerspitz/source/repos/GetPost/GetPost/bin/System.Net/System.Net.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Users/MayerSpitz/AppData/Local/Temp/Temporary ASP.NET Files/vs/66be79ee/ac64be7f/System.Net.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Users/MayerSpitz/AppData/Local/Temp/Temporary ASP.NET Files/vs/66be79ee/ac64be7f/System.Net/System.Net.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///c:/users/mayerspitz/source/repos/GetPost/GetPost/bin/System.Net.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///c:/users/mayerspitz/source/repos/GetPost/GetPost/bin/System.Net/System.Net.EXE.

er02 (2).jpg

Hi,

Presumably you downloaded and installed the latest 7.0.1 Lightstreamer version from the Lightstreamer website? We're currently still running Lightstreamer version 5 on our servers, which means you'll need the Lightstreamer 5.1.2 (Legacy) package from https://lightstreamer.com/download/#ls5

That may resolve the error you are seeing, although it appears you are seeing this error when trying to install or load the SDKs? 

Since Lightstreamer is a third party product, we're unable to support Lightstreamer queries. You may find some assistance from the Lightstreamer forum at https://forums.lightstreamer.com/.

Kind Regards, PM

I think Gain Capital should have been writing on its documentation that it needs to be installed a previous version - not latest, it will save a lot of valuable time (for me few days not knowing which assembly is missing, I was adding all kind of dlls and involved many developer mates (was so much fun :)).

Hi,

That is a valid comment. 

A note will be added to the API documentation temporarily, until the development team have upgraded the servers to the latest Lighstreamer version.

Kind Regards, PM!

Hello,

A quick follow-up note. Coincidentally, the API development team are going to be upgrading to the latest Lightstreamer version within the next 2-3 weeks. I've asked them to test for backwards compatibility with version 5.1.2 and see if it breaks anything.

When I hear any further news I shall update this thread.

Kind Regards, PM