Sign in to follow this  
effbiae

Limitations...

Hi, newbie here.

I'm a programmer trying to be a quant.

I've spent a little time in the forum, but haven't yet found sample code for login/streaming...

- Is there a one-stop shop to get me up and running with javascript (nodejs) or python?

- Competitors out there restrict the number of concurrent stream subscriptions (ie. number of different instrument feeds).

. Does CI have similar limits?

- Competitors out there halt trading on CFDs at times of high volatility

. Does CI ever halt trading on CFDs while the underlying market continues to trade?  Do they increase the spread without notice?

Thanks,

Jack.

Hello Jack,

Welcome to the forum!

Our API is more aimed towards the advanced market such as institutions/partners with experienced development teams and existing code libraries, or retail clients with advanced technical backgrounds. Therefore, we do not have beginner's or sample code that we can provide. 

The only examples we show are in AJAX for the actual service calls for various of the API methods. You'll need to write the code to wrap around the calls.

We don't restrict the number of concurrent markets you can subscribe; however, you may be limited by your internet connection or PC processing hardware should you subscribe to 1000+ markets simultaneously for example!!

The questions regarding market action are outside the technical areas covered by this forum. Please contact Client Services who can check with our traders and dealers for specifics.

Kind Regards,

PM!

Our API is more aimed towards the advanced market such as institutions/partners with experienced development teams and existing code libraries, or retail clients with advanced technical backgrounds. Therefore, we do not have beginner's or sample code that we can provide. 

It is encouraging that CI is used by professionals.  As a programmer of 15 years (and 10 with kdb+), I will have no problems building a trading system with appropriate risk limits, market exits and redundancy.  I lack financial experience, but backtesting should show whether I can create profitable trades.

The only examples we show are in AJAX for the actual service calls for various of the API methods. You'll need to write the code to wrap around the calls.

AJAX examples are great.  I have built a small system using AJAX and lightstreamer with a competitor. 

I stumbled across

http://faq.labs.cityindex.com/

and wrote my last post before I noticed that there is a 

http://labs.cityindex.com/

site that requires a password.  Is this where AJAX calls are described?

I only applied for a live CI account yesterday and have not yet received my login details.  Will this login get me into labs, or do I need to apply for additional access?

Jack.

The API is documented at: http://docs.labs.cityindex.com/

In the "CIAPI Reference" section, examples are provided in most cases on the page describing a service call, for example, LogOn. Although, they may be trivial as you can figure out what the call should look like from the "Service Info" and "Parameters" for each call. 

The labs site you found was for internal use only and isn't used any more. 

Kind Regards,

PM!